Article 1: Scope
- Contracts entered into by the hotel and guest(s), and any related contracts, conform to the stipulations of this agreement and applicable terms and conditions, which constitute a part of the same. Any stipulations not made herein shall comply with existing laws, statutes, and regulations, or with generally-established practices.
- Where the hotel agrees to comply with a special clause that does not contravene laws, statutes, and regulations, or generally-established practices, that special clause shall take precedence, the terms of the preceding clause notwithstanding.
Article 2: Application for hotel contract
- Persons seeking to apply for contract with the hotel (booking a reservation) shall submit the following information to the hotel per the ordinances and covenants of the country in which the hotel is located.
- Guest names
- Dates of stay and expected arrival time
- Contact information of applicants (as a rule, per Table 1)
- Name of party paying for hotel rate and contact information of said party
- Other information required by the hotel
- Where there are changes to the information previously submitted to the hotel per the preceding clause, the parties shall immediately notify the hotel of said changes.
- Where hotel guests exceed the dates of stay stipulated in Item 2 of the preceding Clause and apply to extend their stay, the hotel shall treat this as a new application for hotel contract effective the date said extension is applied for.
Article 3: Entering into hotel contract
- Hotel contracts go into effect when the hotel consents to an application as described in the preceding Article. The above may not apply where the hotel demonstrates that it has not made such consent.
- Where a hotel contract goes into effect per the terms of the preceding Clause, the guest of the hotel shall pay the application fee stipulated by the hotel, the maximum being the total amount payable by the guest for the dates of stay (see Table 1), doing so by the date specified by the hotel.
- In the event of any of the items below, the hotel reserves the right to treat the booking as having been made with no actual intent to stay, and the hotel contract shall lose its validity.
- Where unable to make payment for the aforementioned hotel rate prior to the date of stay, or by the date stipulated by the hotel, per the prior clause.
- Where, even after attempting to contact the party at the contract address provided per the terms of clause 1 of the preceding article, no contact can be made within ten days (starting from the first day on which contact is attempted). In the case that the number of days until the date of booking is fewer than ten, until 6:00 PM on the date of booking.
- If refusing communication from the hotel.
- Application fees shall be used towards the final hotel rates payable by the guest; where circumstances defined in Article 5 and 15 occur, said fees shall be used towards breach of contract fees and then towards compensation, in that order. Any remaining amount shall be returned following payment of the amount as stipulated in Article 11.
- If items B and C in the preceding clause apply, no refund shall be made on payment for room rates received by the hotel.
Article 4: Refusal of hotel contract
The hotel reserves the right to refuse a hotel contract for any of the reasons below.
- If the application for stay does not conform to these terms and conditions;
- If there are no rooms available due to full occupancy;
- Cases equivalent to the above, such as where there is a planned need to provide guest rooms to victims of a natural disaster or emergency, or for personnel tasked with addressing the situation.
- Where the person intending to stay is a member of an anti-social force (organized crime group), an organization affiliated with anti-social forces, or other affiliate of the same, or a corporation or organization the business of which is controlled by anti-social forces or the members thereof.
- If the person intending to stay at the hotel engages in activities that might contravene laws, statutes, and regulations, or disturb the peace or public order, or where there is a risk of the same.
- Where the person intending to stay is clearly afflicted with an infectious disease which may be transmitted to other guests.
- Where asking for or impelling services exceeding the socially-agreed upon standard for hotel accommodations.
- Where natural disasters, damage to the facilities, or other acts of God or force majeure render stay at the hotel impossible.
- Where the person intending to stay is drunk or under the influence of a substance and may disturb other guests or impede proper operation of the hotel, or where engaging in remarks or behavior that interfere with hotel personnel or other guests.
- Where the person intending to stay is clearly of infirm mental or physical health.
- Where a minor intends to stay alone without permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Where making a booking with the hotel with the intent to transfer one’s right to stay to a third party.
- Where making a booking with the hotel with no intent to actually stay.
Article 5: Customer’s right to terminate contract
- Guests can request that the hotel cancel their hotel contract.
- Where a guest terminates this hotel contract, whether in whole or in part, for causes imputable to said guest, the hotel shall receive penalties as listed in Table 2.
- Where a guest does not arrive at the hotel on the intended date of stay before 8:00 PM (where the date of arrival has been explicitly stated in advance, two hours after said time) and does not notify the hotel, the guest shall be held to have withdrawn from the contract.
Article 6: Hotel’s right to cancel
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel a hotel contract for any of the cases below:
- Where the guest is an anti-social force, organization affiliated with anti-social forces, or the constituent member or affiliate of anti-social forces as defined in the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members and Ordinance on Expulsion of Anti Social Forces.
- Where a guest engages in assault, violence, threatening, extortion, unreasonable demands, gambling, or is in possession of or uses pharmaceuticals or narcotics, firearms, swords, or weaponry not authorized by law, or disturbs other guests or violates applicable laws or social norms and public order, or is at risk of any of the above.
- Where the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel may engage in acts, or are deemed to have engaged in acts, that are in breach of laws, statutes, and regulations, or disturb the peace or are in contravention of the public weal;
- Where a guest is found to be the carrier of an infectious disease;
- Where causing undue disturbance to other guests;
- Where the guest engages in inappropriate conduct towards the hotel or hotel personnel, or makes unreasonable demands.
- Where natural disasters, damage to the facilities, or other acts of God or force majeure render stay at the hotel impossible.
- Where engaging in acts that would impede proper fire prevention measures and mechanisms, such as smoking in bed in guest rooms, tampering with fire fighting equipment, etc.
- Where a guest is drunk or under the influence of a substance and may disturb other guests or impede proper operation of the hotel, or where engaging in remarks or behavior that interfere with hotel personnel or other guests.
- Where transferring, or attempting to transfer, one’s right to stay at the hotel per this contract.
- Where entering into this contract through a travel agency, where payment for hotel rates from the agency has not been made. *Payment of hotel rates not being made shall refer to remittances made by the end of bank retail business hours or Internet payment, the business hours of the bank notwithstanding, and includes cases where confirmation of payment cannot be made on a given day due to the following day being a banking holiday.
- Notification per the preceding clause shall be made by telephone, e-mail, or in writing to the contact address of the guest as provided to the hotel per Article 2. Where said notification does not reach the other party even where sending it to the contact address provided in Article 2, the hotel reserves the right to apply the terms of Article 3, Clause 3, or treat the notification as having been received after the length of time it would ordinarily take to arrive.
- Where the hotel terminates this contract per the stipulations of clause 2 of the preceding article, no refunds of hotel rates shall be made, excepting items C and E of clause 1.
Article 7: Registration of stay
- On the date of their stay, guests shall register the following information at the hotel front desk:
- Guest name, age, sex, address, identification, and occupation.
- Persons from overseas shall register their nationality, passport number, and place and date of entry into the country.
- Departure date and planned time of departure.
- Prior night’s location of stay and intended destination.
- Other information required by the hotel.
- Where guests intend to pay for the fees stipulated in Article 12 in the form of traveler’s checks, coupons, credit cards, or other means in lieu of cash, they shall present said means of payment in advance at the time of registration as described in the previous clause.
Article 8: Guest room usage hours
- Hotel guests may use hotel guest rooms from the check-in time to the check-out time stipulated by the hotel.
Where guests are staying for consecutive days, the rooms can be used for the entire day, excluding the days of arrival and departure.
- The hotel may consent to use of guest rooms for hours other than those stipulated above, the terms above notwithstanding. In the case above, the total amount of applicable additional fees shall apply.
- Even where it is within the timeframe for use of guest rooms stipulated in clause 2 above, the hotel reserves the right to enter guest rooms and take necessary measures for safety, sanitation, or management and operations of the hotel.
Hotel guests shall observe all terms stipulated within the hotel during their stay there.
Article 10: Business hours
- Detailed information on business hours of hotel facilities can be found listed on the hotel’s web site, at each location throughout the hotel, and in the guest services guides found in guest rooms.
- The times in the clause above may be subject to change where required. Guests will be notified by appropriate means in said case.
Article 11: Payment of fees
- The breakdown of hotel rates paid by guests and computation scheme therein shall follow those described in Table 1.
- Payment of hotel rates as per the preceding clause shall be in Japanese yen or in traveler’s checks, vouchers, credit cards, online payment services (including Alipay and WeChat), and other methods approved of by the hotel and billed to the guest at the time of departure at the front desk or in a location designated by the hotel.
- Where the hotel provides a guest with a room and it is in a usable condition, hotel rates apply even where the guest voluntarily chooses not to stay at the hotel.
- For bookings of parties of seven or more people (group bookings), the entirety of hotel rates shall be paid by eight days prior to the date of booking. Where payment is not made by this time, the hotel reserves the right to refuse the booking.
Article 12: Hotel obligations
The hotel shall compensate guests for any damages sustained from execution of this hotel contract or related contracts, or for the non-execution of the same. Note that the above may not apply where the above damages are for causes not imputable to the hotel.
Article 13: Procedure where a contracted room cannot be provided
Where the hotel is unable to provide the room for which a guest contracted, the hotel shall, having obtained the consent of the guest, introduce an equivalent lodging facility to the extent possible.
Article 14: Storage of guest luggage and articles
- Where guest luggage arrives at the hotel before a guest, the hotel shall store said luggage only where it gave advance consent to do so; luggage shall be given to guests upon check-in.
- Where a guest’s belongings and luggage have been inadvertently left behind at the hotel after checking out, the hotel shall take custody of these articles for a designated period of time, after which they shall be disposed of per the Lost Property Act.
Unless the hotel receives communication from the guest by the day following check-out, any remaining food and drink, magazines, and other materials disposed of shall be discarded at the discretion of the hotel.
- The hotel reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, inspect the content of luggage and belongings left behind in order to determine how to handle them, and reserves the right to return to the lost party or dispose of or handle these items as required per the preceding clause. The guest shall raise no objection to the above.
Article 15: Guest obligations
Where, for causes imputable to a guest, including but not limited to violation of this agreement and/or other terms and conditions, the hotel must pay for cleaning or repairs to a guest room, or is subject to lost sales opportunities or other damages, the guest shall be liable for compensation to the hotel for said damages and expenses.
Article 16: Guest room cleaning
- Where staying in the same guest room for two or more consecutive nights, as a rule, the guest room must be cleaned daily.
- Even where a guest states that cleaning is unnecessary, the hotel reserves the right to perform room cleaning for compliance with laws, regulations, and prefectural ordinances. The hotel also reserves the right to clean guest rooms at any time where and when it deems necessary.
- Guests shall not refuse the aforementioned room cleaning.
Article 17: Parking obligations
Where guests make use of parking lots with which the hotel partners, regardless of whether a guest entrusts a key to the hotel, the hotel waives all liability for maintenance and management of the vehicle.
Article 18: Revisions
These terms may be modified and revised at any time as necessary.
Where these terms are revised, the hotel shall list the details of the revised terms and their date of effectivity on the hotel web site and in guest rooms.
Table 1: Computation of hotel rates (pertains to Article 11)
- The hotel base rate is per the rate table displayed at the front desk and listed on the hotel’s web site.
- ・Hotel base rate
- room fee and service charge
- ・Additional charges
- additional food and drink (breakfast, dinner, other food and drink)
- consumption tax, Tokyo accommodation tax, etc.Note:
- The hotel rate is per the rate table displayed at the hotel and listed on the hotel’s web site.
- Only children of middle school age and younger shall be permitted to share beds with adults such that the total members in the party would exceed the room occupancy. Up to one child per bed is permitted. (Note that infants age two and younger are not included in this count.) Note that the size of the party may be subject to limitations depending on the size of the guest room. Use of the hotel is also subject to the additional fees below.
- Breakfast charges per the clause above conform to the terms below.
- Elementary school age and up: 5,000 JPY
- Preschooler: free of charge
*Penalties (pertains to Article 5)
No-show Same-day (booking date) Day prior to booking date Three days prior to booking date Four days prior to booking date 100% 80% 50% 30% 0%Note:
- The percentage shown is the rate of penalty against the hotel base rate (includes additional fees paid to other operators as part of packages provided in partnership with them).
Where the amount of cancellation fees calculated per cancellation policies stipulated by other operators with whom the hotel partners is greater than that above, the former shall be collected as penalty.
- Where the number of days contracted for is reduced, irrespective the new number of days, penalties shall be collected against the days booked in the original contract.
- Cancellations made between three days prior to the date of booking and on the date of booking shall not be refunded. However, the date of use of the guest room can be changed, provided there is availability.
Additional fees for use of guest rooms beyond booking hours:
Guest rooms in the hotel are usable by guests from 3:00 PM to 11:00 AM the following day. Where guests are staying for consecutive days, the rooms can be used for the entire day, excluding the days of arrival and departure. Additional fees per Article 8, Clause 2 of these terms shall be as follows.
- Early check-in
Use of guest rooms prior to check-in requires an additional charge equivalent to one night’s stay.
*Note that the hotel may be unable to provide a guest room in advance of your booking if it is still occupied. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please contact the front desk for details.
- Late check-out
*Note that the hotel may be unable to extend your stay if there are other bookings. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please contact the front desk for details.
- Between 11:00 AM-3:00 PM on the day of check-out: 30% of base rate
- Any time after 3:00 PM on the day of check-out: 100% of base rate
*Note that rates vary by guest room type; please contact the front desk for details.
Article 19: Use of personal information
In order to maintain the hotel in a safe and comfortable state for other guests and ensure that public spaces are hygienic and sanitary, the hotel stipulates the following regulations, which form part of this agreement. Violation of these regulations may be subject to termination of this agreement per Article 6.
- As a rule, use of guest rooms by more people than originally booked/contracted for is forbidden.
In the event that a party is found to have more people in a room without properly requesting it, the party will be billed the difference for the additional use.
- The hotel strictly forbids the acts below.
- Use of electrical appliances like heating implements, cooking implements, and other heating instruments, as well as irons or other implements other than the loaner pants presses provided by the hotel.
- Smoking in places prone to fire, such as beds or sites not designated explicitly for smoking by the hotel.
- Disturbing activity like singing or use of loud voices, dissemination of malodorous substances, or otherwise disturbing, disgusting, or inconveniencing others.
- Bringing any of the below items into the hotel:
- Pets, animals, birds, etc
- Narcotics, controlled substances, stimulants, and other drugs prohibited by law
- Gunpowder or volatile oils and chemicals that are a source of flame, or other chemicals that could harm the body
- Firearms, swords, and other weapons not under permit
- Goods of significantly large or heavy quantity
- Malodorous items
- Rubbish or goods that would interfere with the hygiene of guest rooms
- Appliances and cooking utensils or implements intended for use within the hotel
- Other items the hotel prohibits from being brought into the hotel.
- Acts that violate public order and morals
- Distributing leaflets, flyers, or other advertisements to guests.
- Moving, modifying, or removing hotel equipment and goods, or using for other than those purposes intended.
- Leaving personal belongings somewhere other than in one’s guest room.
- Entering facilities other than one’s guest room.
- Ordering food delivered from facilities other than those permitted by the hotel.
- Use of hair dyeing or bleaching agents in the bathtub.
- Burning incense or other items in the guest room.
- Use of the hotel for sales/profit-making activities.
- Other acts that would interfere with the safety and sanitation of the hotel.
- The hotel strictly forbids engaging in any of the acts below in guest rooms.
- Use for purposes other than accommodation and overnight stay
- Meeting outside guests in one’s guest room.
- Attaching posters or photographs to windows, or otherwise displaying items that would damage the appearance of the hotel.